Saturday, September 25, 2010

In Need of Lots of Luck

About a month ago, I enrolled in an online poetry class through Stanford University.  I need to force myself back into the world of poetry and reconnect with one of the great loves of my life:  the written word.  I am looking forward to this journey and words cannot express my excitement and fear.  But fear is good, no?  I find it to be the very foundation of any great success.  James Arthur is my instructor, and I am quite a fan of his poem, "On Day and Night."  A link to the poem:  http://www.versedaily.org/2006/ondayandnight.shtml

Please wish me lots of luck and inspiration.  I have a feeling I will need it!  I have received my first reading and writing assignment and am giggling with pleasure.  This blog will accompany me on my new poetic path.

"I write for the same reason I breathe: because if I didn't, I would die." - Isaac Asimov

No comments:

Post a Comment