Monday, March 14, 2011

Is it Half Full or Half Empty?

Lunch observations for today:

1.  Chicken noodle soup is normally consumed when your stomach needs soothing or your cold needs tending to.  Today, I've found it is just good for the soul, kind of like a big bowl of ice cream at the end of a bad day.

2.  It is during times of adversity that your friends will really shine through.  Take note of them.  Appreciate them.  Be there with a bowl of chicken noodle soup the next time they need it.  And you.  The world has a funny way of putting things into perspective when we need it most.

3.  There are those who dwell too much on whether their glass is half full or half empty.  We should be grateful even if there is one tiny little drop in it.  At least I am. :)

Smile and take time to appreciate life, Andrea

P.S.  I've found a new poem to share with you:  "The Word that is a Prayer" by Ellery Akers.  A friend shared this with me today, and I couldn't say enough about the timing.  I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments: