Sunday, February 19, 2012

Circling...

The poem I've selected for the week is Ed Roberson's "As at the Far Edge of Circling." I'm reading a book of Roberson's poems this month and while his work is quite different from the poetry I normally read, I am enjoying this little reprieve from the usual, and I find some of his poems take me into a dream-like state...

I'm going to be away from the blogosphere this week, but I'm sending positive thoughts for a lovely week to all! I look forward to seeing everyone and reading your blogs soon.

What does this week hold for you? What writing is speaking to you most right now?

Smile, Andrea

10 comments:

  1. Always good to have a little break from blogging now and again. As for what I'm reading... J.D. Salinger and I are having a love affair at the moment. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been much needed. Thank you for your comment. Hope you're wrapped up in a whirlwind love affair! :)

      Delete
  2. I just finished reading a novel published last year and was disappointed both with the writing, and the editing too, which missed a few errors :(

    So I'm between books now ...

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, Joanne. I hope you're enjoying a better book now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  3. I'm veering off into what makes me laugh this week with Carl Hiaasen's Star Island, because I've had enough of being serious for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No writing is speaking to me right now which is proving problematic. I'm hoping for some new golden words to read soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping right along with you, Jessie. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This poem is a bit hypnotic....I see what you mean!

    I've been reading and admiring the latest issue of Mid-American Review: http://www.bgsu.edu/studentlife/organizations/midamericanreview/

    I've also been reading and working on (not exactly admiring!) a new-ish manuscript of poems to be sent out soon. I feel solid with the poems that are in it, but the order is always tricky....

    Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and the link, Hannah. And wishing you the best as your organize your manuscript!

      Delete