Sunday, February 5, 2012

Consider the Hands that Write This Letter and Other Good Finds Sunday


The poem for this week is Aracelis Girmay's "Consider the Hands that Write This Letter." I find it pairs well with this past week's welcoming of the Month of Letters. Above are two postcards from the incredibly talented Karen Gielen. She's sending me inspiration through the mail!

A few other good finds this week:

If you're in need of a good writing subject, this just might trigger some inspiration: Rare Albino Hummingbird Spotted in Virginia.

Speaking about inspiration, I know it's silly, but somehow Ryan Gosling is now a Literary Agent on Twitter and he's fantastic at romancing the writer to write (and daydream a little)!

A different way to revise one's writing certainly caught my attention while reading an interview with Anne McGovern posted in flashquake's "Five Question Friday" blog feature.

The world may have lost Wislawa Szymborska but her wise writing will forever live on. Case in point, her poem "The Joy of Writing." May she rest in peace.

And lastly, if you are participating in the Month of Letters, Spotify created a playlist for your letter writing.


How has your week been? Any good reading or writing? And who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl if you're watching, or perhaps being forced to watch? For me, it's Eli Manning and The Giants all the way!

Best wishes for a beautiful Sunday, Andrea

7 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday, Andrea! The albino hummingbird intrigues me. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday to you, Kathleen! I hope the hummingbird inspires something. :)

      Delete
  2. Starting a "wave" for the Giants ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use inspiration. Help me Ryan Gosling!

    Yeah Giants!

    ReplyDelete